Bitmaps exported from Substance Designer can be combined with other nodes in V-Ray to further customize the look of the material. Learn how to create additional nodes to control color and relief in the final V-Ray material.
- [Instructor] Now we have our basic carpet material, … but as you can see, it's kind of just a dull gray carpet. … If we were to render it, … you see we have, you know, it's okay, … but we can add a lot more color and life to it. … So, let's show you some ways to colorize this carpet … so you can customize it to whatever color you want. … So, let's go into this Slate Material Editor. … Now, instead of the Compact Material Editor, … I'm actually going to go … into … this Slate Material Editor. … And let's go ahead and right-click Create New View … and then scroll down until we see … our sample slots. … And then, I'm going to take that Carpet Material, … left-click and drag it in, and just create an instance. … So, now this is what our material looks like, … and basically all we're doing is plugging bitmaps … into that V-Ray material. … Now, the Diffuse Map is what controls color, … so let's play a little bit with color. … The first thing I'm going to do … is I'm just going to disconnect that bitmap …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.