Once the Substance material is in 3ds Max, it can be turned into a V-Ray material and applied to the geometry. George shows how to adjust the material from the Substance node, as well as how to add additional nodes to further refine the look of the material.
- [Instructor] Now, we have our material … as a V-Ray material, … but we can go a little bit further … and we can tweak this in Max. … So, let's do that in the Slate Material Editor, … so I'm going to go ahead and open that up. … And I'm pretty, pretty tight on screen real estate here, … so one of the things I'm going to do … is just open up my Render setup … and let's go ahead and just start a simple IPR, … and I'm going to scale this down quite a bit … just so that we have a reference as to what's happening. … So, now in my Slate Material Editor, … you'll see that we have in our Substance Material here, … we don't have roughness hooked up, … so let's go ahead and hook that up … to the Roughness Control in the V-Ray Material. … As you can see, it changes that a little bit. … I'm going to zoom in so we can see this a little bit better. … Maybe angle that a little bit. … Now, one of the things I'm noticing … is that this color is really a little too bright … and a little too contrast here, …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 4m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.