With great UI must come great script! In this video, learn how to create a simple script that will be managing your dialog. It allows you to show and hide and also set the dialog text.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our dialog created, … let's make a script to drive it. … Click on Scripts, right-click, click Create, … and go over to C# Script. … We're going to call this one ModelDialog. … Once it's created, … double click on it to open it up in your script editor. … As you can see, … the standard Unity messages have been applied. … Let's go and do some housekeeping. … The first thing we want to do is add a reference … to the text object that we will be … manipulating from the dialog. … It's going to be a TextMesh Pro object, … so let's go and include the TextMesh Pro libraries. … Let's make this a public variable. … Call it text. … Next we're going to add a public variable … to see whether this dialog is visible or not. … We do want to hide this from the inspector, … so we're going to add an attribute. … Perfect. … Let's move on to our methods. … First method we are going to create … is the SetVisibility method. … This is obviously going to set the visibility of this object. …
- The value of mobile AR in AEC
- Setting up AR in Unity
- Configuring Unity to build for iOS
- Running your AR app on Android devices
- Working with Unity AR Remote
- Setting up your UI for an application log screen
- Aligning your assets to your AR world
- Creating the dialog UI
- Importing CAD data
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 02 Basic Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 39m Intermediate
Unity: AR Visualization 03 Complex Interactivitywith Roger Miller2h 34m Intermediate
2. Setting Up AR in Unity
3. Publishing Your AR Experience
4. Getting Going with Unity AR Remote
5. Populating Your AR World
6. Adding Simple Interaction
7. Bonus: Importing CAD Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.