You are not limited to looking left and right. In this video, learn how adding up and down head movements adds visual value.
- I see many people using head turns to enhance…their puppets, but I see few people taking advantage…of tilting head up or down.…Look!…It's a bird!…It's a plane!…(upbeat music)…So let's take a look at the different tags…and head positions that are available in Character Animator.…So if we go over to the tags, you'll see all the…different views, and the top five are the five…that we see most often:…frontal, left quarter,…left profile, right quarter, right profile.…
But there's also downward and upward,…and that can really enhance your head animation quite a bit.…Just like every other head position, upward and downward…can have full eye movement and blinks and mouth positions.…So, when you create your Illustrator or Photoshop file,…simply just create a folder or a group called "+Downward"…and "+Upward" and put them into your "Head" group.…So, when you bring your file into Character Animator,…if you've properly named your groups and your layers,…then they should automatically be tagged.…
So, for instance, if I click on the Downward Head,…
- Creating a list of production needs
- How the varied styles of animation impact production
- Creating usable digital puppets
- Working with drawn characters, objects, and CG characters
- Adding value to the look of your production
- Exploring various audio recording options
- Organizing files for production, backup, and transport
- Using animation cycles
- Building and editing a scene
- Troubleshooting issues
- Tricks for enhancing your production
- Post-production and delivery
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Character Animatorwith Ian Robinson2h 19m Intermediate
2. Puppet Production Issues
3. Add Production Value
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.