Once furniture and accessories are properly modeled and textured, they can be brought into the main structure. Learn the various methods of doing this in 3ds Max. Techniques explored include direct import and referencing using XRef.
- [Instructor] Now, once you start … to get your furniture developed, … you have the materials and the mapping … and you like the way it works, … you can start to bring it into your structure. … Now, there are two ways to import things. … One is to directly merge it into the scene. … The other is to do a reference, … or an Xref, to an external file. … Let's take a look at both ways. … Now, I have my structure or my house here, … and let's go ahead and open up … the scene explorer, the layer editor. … And, you'll see I have a layer here for the house, … and let's pop the top of this house. … So, I'm going to scroll down until I see the roof layer, … and let's just turn that off, so now I can see inside. … And, that will make it much easier to add in the furniture. … So, we can add in that furniture, again, … with one of two methods. … So, let's do a merge. … We're going to do File, Import, Merge. … Now, this brings the objects directly into the scene. … And, the objects we're looking for, …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.