Getting a natural color can really make a material fit in to the environment. Understand how to add realistic color to the carpet by using the basic pattern of the material along with color nodes.
- [Instructor] Now let's add some color to the carpet. … One of the easiest ways to do that … is to select this Color node here. … And if we want, we can change the color. … But this isn't going to look as realistic as we want. … So let's go ahead and blend in … the actual pattern of the carpet. … So I'm going to, again, select this node. … This is kind of our master node here … for a lot of things in this network. … And I want to blend that with this Color node. … Select this node, and then right-click, Add Blend. … This drops it in, but it drops it in as a background. … So let's go ahead and connect it the the foreground. … And then I want to blend this one in. … Now, watch what happens when I connect this. … All of the sudden, this one goes red, this connection. … And that's because we're mixing grayscale with color. … And that's kind of a no-no in Substance. … So we need to convert the grayscale output … of this kind of carpet pattern … with the color of this node. … So I'm going to delete this connection. …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.