Getting a natural color can really make a material fit in to the environment. Learn how to add realistic color to the fabric by using the weave pattern of the fabric along with color nodes.
- [Instructor] Now let's create some color for our cloth. … I'm going to start with just a uniform color … and then we'll modify that to create something … that looks a little bit more like cloth. … So, I'm going to right-click over my graph, … Add a Node, Uniform Color … and then I'm just going to move that back a little bit … 'cause we're going to have a network over here to the right. … Then for this color I can really just pick any color I want. … I'm going to pick kind of a nice red or reddish orange, … so maybe kind of a slightly muted red, … and maybe drop the saturation down just a little bit. … So something like that. … Now this color alone we could use, … but let's go ahead and give it … a little bit more life and character. … First thing I want to do is let's go ahead … and create a second color that's based on this one. … So, I'm going to Add a Node called Levels, … and then double click on that … and let's just darken this a little bit … and so I'm going to move that middle slider …
- Furnishing the interior with custom and third-party models
- Creating basic V-Ray materials
- Using physical materials
- Creating materials in Substance
- Setting up Substance materials in 3ds Max
- Tiling patterns
- Adding color and relief
- Importing materials into 3ds Max
- Creating bitmaps in Substance
- Creating V-Ray materials from bitmaps
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Tips, Tricks and Techniqueswith Aaron F. Ross14h 9m Intermediate
1. Furnish the Interior
2. Basic Materials
3. Create Materials in Substance
4. Substance Workflow
5. Use Substance to Create Bitmaps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.