Join Mary Jane Begin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Foundations of Color.
- View Offline
I provided some extra creative resources in the exercise files. They'll be available to all Lynda.com members. These resources will help you get the most from the videos in this course. They can be found in the Exercise Files tab on the course details page. Everything I've provided will help inspire you to learn, experiment and play with color. So, let's get started.
These lessons are applicable to a number of fields, including graphic design, photography, and illustration, and both traditional and digital media. Dive in and get a fresh look at color that is sure to revitalize your creativity and your work.
- Understanding why color is essential for you as an artist, designer, or human being
- Storytelling with color
- Understanding brand identity and color language
- Reviewing the history of color usage, from print to digital
- Working with the color wheel
- Understanding value, saturation, and temperature
- Seeing through color: opaque, translucent, and transparent
- Creating contrast
- Exploring depth of field
- Seeing complementary relationships in light
- Achieving harmony and discord in a palette
- Understanding color blindness