Learn the basic physics and motion principles that lie behind your 2D or 3D world, and time-tested techniques for bringing your animations to life.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri, and welcome to Foundations of Animation. Now, this course is just a good overview of the basic principles you need to know to animate just about anything in either 2D or 3D. We're first gonna go over some of the basic laws of motion, so you know how things move, and then we're going to talk about animation software, and we're going to talk about this a little generally, and this should apply to both 3D and 2D, and then we're gonna go over some of the basic principles of animation, as to how to make your animation look better.
And then, we're going to go over some of the basics of timing, as well as how to animate for weight and size, and to music. So, without further ado, let's get started with Foundations of Animation.
- Understanding forces and motion
- Working with center of mass
- Adjusting frame rates
- Understanding keys and keyframes
- Building animation paths
- Navigating the object hierarchy
- Staging an animation
- Animating to audio and music