- View Offline
- Telling stories through posing
- Creating a strong line of action in poses
- Animating seating to standing poses
- Adding anticipation and follow-through
- Making your character walk
- Animating the head and face
- Animating basic phonemes
- Animating a scene
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri and welcome to Fundamentals of Character Animation. In this course, we're going to take a look at the principles of character animation, as they apply to all characters regardless of software. So, this is not a software specific course. But in this course, we're going to go over the basics that you need to know to animate any character. We're gonna start off with how to pose characters and create poses that read well. Then, we're gonna take those poses and create some pose to pose animation.
After that, we're gonna start our characters' moving and do some basic walks. Then, we're going to get into the head and the face, do some facial animation and some dialogue. - I can speak now. - [Voiceover] And finally, we're going to tie it all together by animating a scene using pose to pose animation and dialogue. - This is way too much for me. - [Voiceover] So, let's get started with Fundamentals of Character Animation.