Learn how to safeguard your computers and laptops, keep your digital data secure, and protect your online privacy in this beginner's guide to cybersecurity. See how to prevent malware, viruses, and security breaches on your computers and networks.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Computer Security and Internet Safety Fundamentals. This beginning level course is designed for you to watch from start to finish and at the end of it you'll have a secure computer or laptop for day to day use. And will have the knowledge to prevent viruses, malware and other security breaches on both your computer, your network and other peoples. The things I'm going to have you do in this course are everyday things you should be doing as you travel through the internet. They aren't too complex that they'll be over a beginners skill level.
And I picked the best balance to give you security while still enjoying the convenience of your technology. I'll take you through securing your computer, to securing your wireless router at home. I'll show you how to make sure your web browser is secure and then how you can stay safe on the internet. Finally I'll show you how to protect your privacy online. I've got a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- Installing updates
- Using antivirus software and protecting against viruses
- Enabling Windows Firewall
- Using password-management software
- Encrypting files that contain sensitive data
- Securing your router and protecting the SSID
- Understanding the signs of a secure website
- Checking settings for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- Unsubscribing from email subscriptions
- Reviewing site privacy settings
- Browsing on a public computer
- Understanding cookies
- Protecting other people's names and locations
- Fact-checking email warnings