This video covers how to get the 1Password app set up on your mobile device.
- [Instructor] One Password is available on iPads, iPhones and Android devices, and it's pretty useful. It'll sync with your One Password subscription so that you'll have access to all of the same information as you have on your computer. Let's take a look at how to set it up. You can see I have the One Password app here on my iPad and my data from the App Store for free. But if you have a Android device you can get it from the Google Ply Store, as well. And it works pretty much the same so I'm just gonna show it on the iPad for this course. Let's go ahead and open the app. And I haven't set up the app yet so it's asking me to go through that process.
I can either start a free trial, or if I scroll down a little bit here I can choose to sync with the OnePassword.com subscription account. Or if I had an older loan license of One Password I could sync the iCloud or DropBox. I can also create a standalone vault but that will live only on this iPad so I won't have access to it. Back on my computer there will be no syncing. I'm gonna choose OnePassword.com that's the type of account we've been working on throughout this course. I can either scan the account details which is what we're gonna do next.
Or I can type in all of the information manually. Now all that information is available on your emergency kit that you downloaded earlier. But instead of typing all of that in manually I'm just gonna do it the easy way. I'm gonna tap where it says Scan Account Details and it's gonna open my camera. It's asking me if it can access my camera and I'm gonna click Okay. And now it's opening my camera. And you can see on the computer here I've got my emergency kit set up. And if I scroll down a little bit I can see that QR code.
And it took that picture pretty quickly. So now all I need to do is put in my master passwords. I'm gonna type that in. Great, let me just hide my keyboard here and I'm gonna tap Sign In. There we go. Now it looks like all of my information is here. If I just tap All Items at the top there's all the information we've entered throughout the course. Pretty simple, right? Now that the app is set up let's take a look at how to use it.
- Saving passwords
- Generating secure passwords
- Using multiple identities
- Adding credit card information
- Sharing information
- Using the 1Password app
- Adding passwords and data in the app
- Using 1Browser
- Auditing your password security