The most common way of using 1Password for logins is through the browser extension. Abby shows how to install it in this video.
- [Instructor] Most of the time you'll be entering passwords while you're browsing a website. Instead of opening the 1Password application and copying your passwords from there, it's a lot easier to install the browser extension. A browser extension is a little program that customizes your internet browser and in a small way may improve your internet experience. The 1Password browser extension makes it easier to save and enter your passwords and other info. To install the 1Password browser extension, go to 1password.com/downloads, scroll down just a little bit and you'll see get 1Password for your browser.
Go ahead and click that big, purple button, and you'll automatically be taken to a page to download an extension for the browser you're currently using. All you really need to do is press this big, green button. You can see down here in the lower left that if you're not using Chrome you can show all the extensions. So if you're using something else like Safari or Firefox, there's extensions for those as well. I'm just gonna click install. I'm gonna go ahead and click add extension. And as a security precaution you just need to make sure that these codes match.
So 015739 looks good to me, I'm gonna go ahead and click authorize. There we go. Our 1Password extension is ready to go. We can see it right here in the upper right. We'll go into more about how this works later, but for now we're ready to start using 1Password.
- Saving passwords
- Generating secure passwords
- Using multiple identities
- Adding credit card information
- Sharing information
- Using the 1Password app
- Adding passwords and data in the app
- Using 1Browser
- Auditing your password security