- View Offline
- Installing 1Password
- Adding and saving passwords
- Generating secure passwords
- Adding credit card info
- Auditing your password security
- Backing up passwords
- Using 1Password on an iPad or iPhone
Skill Level Beginner
- [Abby] Hi, my name is Abby Lorts, and I'd like to welcome you to 1Password Fundamentals. You can do pretty much anything online these days, and it's common to set up accounts for anything from online shopping to listening to the radio. 1Password is a password management application. In addition to simply saving your passwords, you can also create new and more secure ones. With web security issues like Heartbleed, it's a good idea to ditch the passwords based on your dog's name or your favorite travel spot, and it's time to switch over to the ones that might be tough to remember.
In this course, we'll go over how to enter things like logins, credit card info, and create Secure Notes in 1Password, to keep everything in one convenient and secure spot. We'll talk about using 1Password's browser extension to quickly access all of your info and enter it into websites. We'll also go over how to use 1Password's Security Audit feature to see how safe your passwords really are, and then how to use 1Password's Password Generator to create even better passwords. We'll also take a quick look at how the 1Password app works on iPhones and iPads. So stick around.
We'll cover all of these features and some of the nuances that will help you integrate 1Password into your daily workflow.