- Saving passwords
- Generating secure passwords
- Using multiple identities
- Adding credit card information
- Sharing information
- Using the 1Password app
- Adding passwords and data in the app
- Using 1Browser
- Auditing your password security
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Whether your desk is covered in Post-its with all of your different passwords or you're using the same password for both your online banking and your Spotify account it's probably a good idea to get your passwords in order and keep them safe. Hi, my name is Abby Bok, and in this course we're gonna cover everything you'll need to know to get started using 1Password. Simply put 1Password is a password management application. In addition to just saving your passwords you can also create new and more secure ones. More and more often we're hearing about online security breaches so it's a good idea to ditch password space on your dog's name or your favorite travel spot and it's time to switch over to the ones that might be tough to remember but that's where 1Password comes into play.
In this course we'll go over how to enter things like logins, credit card info, and secure notes into 1Password to keep everything in one convenient, secure spot. We'll talk about using 1Password's browser extension to quickly access all of your info and enter it into websites. We'll also go over how to use 1Password's security audit feature to see how safe your passwords really are and then how to use 1Password's password generator to create even better passwords. We'll also take a look at how the 1Password app works on mobile devices.
So stick around, we'll cover all of these features, and some of the nuances that will help you integrate 1Password into your daily workflow. Let's get started.