Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of 3D Scanning with a Camera.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you're a premium member of the lynda.com library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. They can be downloaded from the main course page, but to get the most out of these lessons, I'd encourage you to scan an object of your own and apply the instructions in each video to your own scan. The exercise files folder is organized by chapters. There's a file to get you started with each video.
- Choosing the right subject
- Taking photos
- Tips for capturing a great scan
- Processing your scan with 123D Catch
- Repairing a scan with Meshmixer
- Touching up UV maps with Photoshop
- Preparing a file for 3D printing
- Uploading files to Shapeways for printing
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with 3D Printingwith Kacie Hultgren1h 16m Appropriate for all
Getting Started with MakerBot 3D Printerswith Kacie Hultgren1h 5m Appropriate for all
1. Photogrammetry Basics
2. Scanning an Object
3. Repairing a Scan
4. 3D Printing with a Desktop Printer
3D printing with Meshmixer2m 28s
5. 3D Printing with Shapeways
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.