Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Smoothing with brushes, part of 3D Scanning with a Camera.
- In this video, we'll explore…smoothing our model using brushes.…To get started, let's orbit our lion,…and we'll zoom in pretty close.…We're going to use the sculpt tools,…which are on the toolbar here.…To start, I want to make sure that we're in volume mode,…and on brushes, we're going to choose…the robust smooth brush.…Now, we already know how to change the size of our brush…by moving our scroll wheel up and down,…but when we're dealing with brushes,…we also have strength to worry about,…and we can drag it on the slider here.…
But if we want to instead use a shortcut key,…if you hold down the control key on Windows…or the command key on a Mac,…move your scroll wheel up and down,…your strength will change.…For now, sort of a middle value, about 50 is good.…First I want to show you something that you want to avoid.…Let's make sure that refinement is enabled,…and let's paint a little bit of a selection on his nose.…Notice how it erases our UV map.…
When we're working with a UV mapped object,…you need to make sure that refinement is not enabled.…
- Choosing the right subject
- Taking photos
- Tips for capturing a great scan
- Processing your scan with 123D Catch
- Repairing a scan with Meshmixer
- Touching up UV maps with Photoshop
- Preparing a file for 3D printing
- Uploading files to Shapeways for printing
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with 3D Printingwith Kacie Hultgren1h 16m Appropriate for all
Getting Started with MakerBot 3D Printerswith Kacie Hultgren1h 5m Appropriate for all
1. Photogrammetry Basics
2. Scanning an Object
3. Repairing a Scan
4. 3D Printing with a Desktop Printer
3D printing with Meshmixer2m 28s
5. 3D Printing with Shapeways
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.