Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the 123D Catch app, part of 3D Scanning with a Camera.
- View Offline
- In this video, I'll walk you through the basics of the 123D Catch app. Now tap in the left-hand corner to see the menu. Choose Sign In and enter your credentials. If you're a new user, now is the time to create an account. Once entered, choose Sign In. There are two main things to take note of in the menu. The options here mostly are for the 123D Catch social platform. The Recent and Featured menus show captures taken by other users, and you can choose to follow users or like their captures to see them in My Activity at a later time.
We also have a Home screen which summarizes any followers and favorites and shows previous captures. Once you've taken and processed your capture, you can return here to see them. Now that we know the basics of the app, let's start taking pictures.
- Choosing the right subject
- Taking photos
- Tips for capturing a great scan
- Processing your scan with 123D Catch
- Repairing a scan with Meshmixer
- Touching up UV maps with Photoshop
- Preparing a file for 3D printing
- Uploading files to Shapeways for printing