Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Detailing with brushes, part of 3D Scanning with a Camera.
- In addition to being a great program…for cleaning up scans, Meshmixer is a sculpting program.…I'm not going to go into full detail on the sculpting…aspects of Meshmixer, but I want to give you a quick look…at the other kinds of brushes that are useful for scans.…Start by clicking on the Sculpt tool…and making sure that you're in Volume mode,…and I want you to choose the Pinch brush.…Now let's rotate around…to a crease in our object…that's there already and we can enhance it.…
You can see if I paint on,…the program sort of pinches those creases.…You can up the strength to have it be even more significant.…Another brush that might come in handy for you…is the Drawing brush.…It sort of adds volume.…Maybe we'll do the Draw2 brush.…You can actually sort of like sculpt…a little bit of a tongue here for him.…
You can play with a lot of the other brushes that are…available here to create effects or fix any scanning…art effects that you might've had from your process.…I'm going to undo the little tongue edit that we made there,…
- Choosing the right subject
- Taking photos
- Tips for capturing a great scan
- Processing your scan with 123D Catch
- Repairing a scan with Meshmixer
- Touching up UV maps with Photoshop
- Preparing a file for 3D printing
- Uploading files to Shapeways for printing
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with 3D Printingwith Kacie Hultgren1h 16m Appropriate for all
Getting Started with MakerBot 3D Printerswith Kacie Hultgren1h 5m Appropriate for all
1. Photogrammetry Basics
2. Scanning an Object
3. Repairing a Scan
4. 3D Printing with a Desktop Printer
3D printing with Meshmixer2m 28s
5. 3D Printing with Shapeways
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.