Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Your first virtual machine, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- Well, the most fun part of virtualization…is making your first virtual machine.…Now we're going to be using host-based hypervisors,…and when it comes to hypervisors,…you've got a lot of choices out there.…Probably the two biggest names out there…are VMware and Microsoft.…VMware has a whole bunch of products,…all kinds of different powerful tools for virtualization,…and the only downside is is most of them cost money…and some of them cost a lot of money.…The Windows hypervisors usually come with Windows.…If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8, it comes with Windows,…and you can do, but depends on the version,…but you have some really powerful tools there.…
But there are other options out there.…Now the one I want to show you is a completely free option,…and it comes from Oracle, and it's called VirtualBox.…It's fairly simple to use, it's completely free,…and it's a great way to show you how to make…your first virtual machine.…So let me fire this up.…So here we are with VirtualBox, and I just installed it.…There are no virtual machines.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.