Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with folders and files, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- One of the most fundamental and important jobs…that we do at the command line interface…is manipulating folders and files.…We create folders.…We delete folders.…We copy files.…We delete files.…So in this episode, what I wanna do is just run…some of the commands that we use to do exactly this.…So let's get started by having some fun with folders.…One of the most important things you're gonna be doing…when it comes to dealing with folders…is well, making them and deleting them,…and that's what we're gonna do right now.…
The two commands I'm about to teach you…are make directory, md, and remove directory, rd,…so let's go ahead and start by making some directories.…Remember, directories, folders,…folders, directories, same animal?…Okay.…If you take a look right now,…you'll see I'm in the root directory of my C drive.…So if I type dir,…all you're going to be seeing are the default directories…that come with my Windows installation.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna make a folder…that connects right to the root directory,…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.