Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with folders and files in Linux, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- It's important that you're comfortable working…within the Linux terminal to be able to maniupulate…folders and files: moving, copying,…deleting, things like that.…So let's dive in, and we're gonna start off…with the copy command.…So lemme show you the setup that I've got right now.…If you take a look on my system right here,…you'll see that I've got this Documents folder,…and it's got a whole bunch of files in it.…And I need to copy these files over…to this folder right here called backup.…
So first of all let's go into that Documents.…Have to spell it right.…And let me show you what we got going in here.…So I've got a whole bunch of files.…I've got important and not important.…These are all a bunch of PDF files.…And the whole goal here is to get all of these copied…over into that backup folder.…Now, if you're comfortable with Windows,…you know in Windows we use a lot of backslashes.…Keep in mind in the Linux world we use…a lot of forward slashes.…So when I say slash, that means a forward slash;…when I say backslash, I mean a backslash.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.