Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with drives, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- There are a number of command line utilities on the A+…that deal with what I'm gonna call working with drives.…And I thought we could just knock them all out…in one big shot.…So all of these utilities I'm about to show you…are command line, but they really do more specifically…work with drives, so let's go ahead and get started…with one of my favorites, format.…The format command is designed to allow you…to format drives from the command line.…
Now, you wanna talk about really, really dangerous programs?…This is a great example.…By the way, don't even bother trying to run this…unless you're running as an administrator,…Windows will stop you cold.…So let's go ahead and play with format a little bit.…Now you take a look, what I've got here, is a thumb drive.…And there's some stuff on it from way back and long ago,…and what I wanna do here is, I guess I could go on…and delete it, but I'm actually gonna format the drive.…So let me close this.…And we'll take a look at our D drive one more time.…
So you can see that there is stuff on this USB drive…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.