Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting print jobs, part of CompTIA A+ (220-901) Cert Prep: 4 Displays and Printers.
- A properly installed, well-maintained printer…should be ready for you to use…whenever you need it.…So, what I wanna do now…is talk about issues that come into play…when you're having trouble getting to…an otherwise known, good printer.…So, let's start off with the printer properties,…cause that's usually the first place to go.…Now I've got a number of printers up and running.…Now, first of all, if you'll notice,…the HP Office Jet right here,…that's my default printer.…So if you're printing,…and it isn't showing up on the HP Office Jet,…and you're not getting any errors,…that's because maybe you put another printer…as your default printer.…
So be sure to check for really…basic questions like that on the A+.…All right, so the first thing…I wanna make sure that we understand…is the print spooler itself.…So, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna select,…well if I select something fancy...…this is actually a little bit cooler than it used to be.…You won't see this in Windos XP.…But what you will see is this.…This is your print spooler.…
The CompTIA A+ 220-901 exam is comprised of six key parts. The fourth, peripherals, is covered by this course. Instructor Mike Meyers explains how to manage monitors and display technologies, including how to work with connectors and ports like VGA and DVI. He also shows you how to maintain printers and multifunction devices, both as independent devices and as devices connected and configured to a computer.
Note: The six courses designed for the CompTIA A+ (220-901) exam preparation include core processing, core hardware, peripherals and building a PC, displays and printers, networking, and laptops and mobile devices.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring display technologies
- Working with Plasma and DLP monitors
- Setting up video connections, graphic cards, and projectors
- Using dual displays
- Troubleshooting video issues
- Maintaining printers