Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting Internet connections, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- Dealing with internet problems, well,…first of all, keep in mind in other episodes…we've covered network problems,…and internet problems and network problems…are very closely interrelated.…So I'm assuming that you've got a good network,…that you have a legitimate IP address,…that all of your settings are basically right,…and that there's something wrong with you and the internet,…so that's what I really want to concentrate on here.…Two of the biggest issues we have to worry about…are slow connections and DNS, so what I want to do…is start off with DNS problems.…
In particular, if you've got a DNS problem,…well first of all you're gonna know you have a DNS problem…because you try get to a web page and it doesn't work.…So the big trick to do is something like this.…So, for starters, what you do is just…get to a Command Prompt and ping something.…Anything out on the internet.…Whoops.…Now, what I want you to see right here,…is you see that I've typed in www.ibm.com.…
Now, the ping is failing, but I don't care about that.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.