Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Tech paths, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 1 Introduction to Computers.
- The Comptia A+ exam…has a number of questions in it…that while they're not asking you how to get to some place,…they assume you know how to do it.…- [Voiceover] Mike?…- Yes?…- [Voiceover] This is Comptia.…- Oh yes great Comptia.…How may I serve you?…- [Voiceover] I have a question for you.…- Speak your corpulence.…- [Voiceover] You need to create new local user…in Windows 7 Professional.…Show me the way to accomplish this task.…
- Yes oh great Comptia.…I will do exactly that.…Well, okay that's really an easy question…that Comptia's asking…and this is very indicative of the stuff…you're going to see on the A+.…What I need to do is get to local users and groups.…The problem is…Comptia's asking me to do this in Windows 7…and I've, haven't run 7 for a while.…And that's what this episode is all about.…We're going to be going through all the different versions…of operating systems that you're going to see on the A+,…not necessarily to talk about all the different tools…that we're going to be using,…but mainly to make sure you know how to get there.…
In this introductory course, Mike Meyers explains the basics of how a computer works and the operational procedures that are key to any well-running IT team, including soft skills such as professionalism, communication, and safety. In Chapter 2, Mike tours the four most recent versions of Windows, as well as the OS X and Ubuntu Linux operating systems. He shows how to navigate to essential tools in each OS and explains how to manage virtual memory (RAM).
Details about the CompTIA A+ certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Interacting and communicating with clients
- Understanding the top three threats to a PC
- Touring Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Touring OS X and Linux