Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video SaaS (software as a service), part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- It's hard to talk about infrastructure as a service…and platform as a service,…without mentioning software as a service.…Software as a service really doesn't have much to do…with virtualization, but given it's name,…I feel kind of obligated to talk to you about it right now.…If fact, software as a service predates virtualization.…It's been around awhile.…The cornerstone about software as a service…is that, instead of having a CD…that you buy at the store, or whether online,…and stick it in your computer, and installing the software,…you instead buy a subscription,…and then this subscription allows you…to download x number of copies…and do whatever you want to do with them.…
So software as a service gets rid of optical media…and things like that, first of all,…which is kind of handy.…Now, probably one of the more famous versions…of software as a service, and something I personally use,…is Microsoft's Office 365.…When you write books for a living,…you use a lot of Microsoft Word,…and I'm always moving and changing computers…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.