Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Proxy servers, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- I do a lot of business with high schools…and community colleges all over the United States.…And one of the things that these organizations…are worried about is people looking and doing things…on the internet that they shouldn't be doing.…So to help protect themselves,…we have this special device called a proxy server.…A proxy server, well it could be a lot of things,…but it's often some kind of box.…Do we have a kind of picture?…Here we go.…There's an example of a proxy server.…And these boxes sit between,…here's my network and here's the big internet.…We plug these boxes in in such a way…that they filter out all the traffic.…
Now proxy servers do a great job…and they're extremely popular all over the world.…But if you're going to be in a network with a proxy server,…you're gonna have to make special settings.…Proxy servers work with applications.…So every application that you have that gets on the internet…has to be configured for a proxy server.…Now, on the Aplus, I'm pretty sure…what they're gonna be talking about…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.