Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Patch management, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- Today's systems constantly need…some kind of software update.…We find that there are problems…in the code of the operating system,…we find that there's an issue with the device driver,…there's a new type of malware out there,…we want to add a new feature to an application,…we find that there's a backward compatibility issue…with an old version of Windows or something.…So we are constantly, constantly going through a process…of updating or patching the different types of software…and in some cases firmware on our systems.…
So in this episode, patch management,…what I want to do is discuss the zen of this process…and how we go about updating our systems…to make sure they're totally up to speed,…well at least as good as we can get them.…Then we're gonna go through Windows Update,…which is the primary tool we use in the Windows world,…and then at the end of this episode we're gonna take…a bigger picture on the world of patch management.…So let's dive in starting with Windows Update.…So let's go ahead and start up Windows Update.…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows