Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video PaaS (platform as a service), part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- I want you to pretend for minute that I'm a programmer.…No, I'm not just a programmer, I'm a developer.…I've got an idea for a new kind of web application…that everybody's gonna go crazy over.…It's the next Dropbox, it's the next Gmail,…I don't know, but I love this thing.…Now, keep in mind that I'm a programmer, okay,…and that's what I do.…I write programs and I've got this dream.…But for me as a programmer,…to go through the process of setting this up,…I'd have to be setting up servers,…and I'd have to have lots of administrators…to protect all my systems and people running backups.…
And then I would need people grabbing stuff for me,…helpin' my development.…It's a big deal for somebody like me…to get my dream out there.…Wouldn't it be cool if we could create a magic little world,…where me as a programmer, all I see is a platform,…basically a screen that allows me to write my code.…And not only write my code,…but have access to big software libraries…that I'll need to help write my code…that will help keep track of my development for me.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.