Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing users in Windows 8 and 8.1, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- Windows 8/8.1 brought a lot of changes…to the way we dealt with user accounts in Windows.…So what I want to do in this episode…is show you the changes in the interface.…I'm assuming that you have watched…the Managing Users in Vista and 7…and you understand the idea of how to create a user…and how to create a group…and adding a user to a group.…That's all been covered in that episode.…The only goal here is to give you a quick tour…of the different places and the…sometimes subtle and sometimes dramatic changes…in the interface for going through all of this process.…
So in some places we're gonna see some very dramatic changes…and in some places it isn't going to change at all.…What's important is that you know where to go…and what those limitations are.…So let's dive right in.…So the first place I want to do…is head over to the Control Panel…and we see good ole User Accounts…just as we saw back in the Vista/7 days…but there are a few small changes here.…In particular, what I want you to do…is concentrate on the stuff right here that I'm circling.…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows