Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Maintaining inkjet printers, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-901) Part 4: Displays and Printers.
- View Offline
- Maintaining an inkjet printer is,…well, a study in frustrations.…On one side, inkjets make really nice prints,…especially the color ones.…They do a really good job.…On the down side is that inkjets are now so inexpensive…that the idea of maintaining them…is almost not a good idea for a lot of people.…The idea of, why would I want to work on a printer…that only cost me 49 bucks or 99 bucks?…Well the answer is, it's the ink cartridges.…Individual ink cartridges can run north of $50,…depending on your make and model…of the particular printer you're working on.…
So, part of the reason, if you want to keep this guy going,…is you want to keep your costs down.…And that means not having to reuse…ink cartridges all the time.…And that's big a part of what we do…when we're maintaining them.…So, let's take a look inside this guy,…and I'll show you what I'm talking about.…All right, this is a fairly typical color inkjet.…We see bazillions of these all over the place these days.…Now, what I want you to pay attention to…more than anything else is that we've got this tray…
The CompTIA A+ 220-901 exam is comprised of six key parts. The fourth, peripherals, is covered by this course. Instructor Mike Meyers explains how to manage monitors and display technologies, including how to work with connectors and ports like VGA and DVI. He also shows you how to maintain printers and multifunction devices, both as independent devices and as devices connected and configured to a computer.
Note: The six courses designed for the CompTIA A+ (220-901) exam preparation include core processing, core hardware, peripherals and building a PC, displays and printers, networking, and laptops and mobile devices.
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring display technologies
- Working with Plasma and DLP monitors
- Setting up video connections, graphic cards, and projectors
- Using dual displays
- Troubleshooting video issues
- Maintaining printers