Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing network printers, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- One of the reasons I love…this little Samsung laser printer,…is the fact that not only does he work…as a great local printer, in this case,…I've got him plugged into the back of my computer,…but he also acts as a great networked printer.…Now, a network printer is its own host on your network.…It's gonna have its own IP address,…it's gonna have its own network card or wireless card,…whatever it might be, and it acts as its own host.…Now that's really important, because if you set this guy up…to be his own host on a network,…he has to be able to take commands from Windows systems,…he's got to be able to take commands from Linux,…from Macs, whatever it might be, so,…there's a lot of configuration that goes into…taking a printer and making it a network host.…
The most important one is going to be,…well, he's gonna need an IP address.…Now, this particular printer only has wireless,…he doesn't have an ethernet connection, so,…the first thing we're gonna have to do…is give this guy some kind of IP address.…So, with this guy what we do, is we plug in via USB…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.