Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing local printers, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- I've got a brand new printer and I'm getting ready…to install it, and that's what this episode's all about,…installing a local printer.…What we're talking about here is I've got a printer…that's gonna be sitting next to my computer,…and there's gonna be some kind of cable connecting…that printer to my machine, a local printer.…So excuse me for a minute while I look…at all the fun stuff in here.…Now, the first rule of installing a local printer…are you're going to have to be using print drivers.…Now, you've got three choices on print drivers.…Number one, you can use the media…that comes with the printer.…
number two, you can use the Windows default drivers,…and then number three, you can go online and download…the latest drivers from whoever the manufacturer might be.…Now, for the A+, the rule has always been get the latest…drivers, and generally I would agree with that,…but in today's versions of Windows,…certainly 7, 8, and 10, he's gonna update himself…pretty much automatically, so my rule is,…just take the Windows drivers that come…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.