Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video IaaS (infrastructure as a service), part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- Virtualization has been around with us now for a while,…but it continues to amaze me in the way that it affects…the entire IT industry.…It wasn't that long ago that we began to see…physical servers being replaced by virtual machines…at individual locations, and we still see tons of that.…But what starts to happen is,…when you take all of this hardware and virtualize it,…companies that have a lot of money behind them…can start to build up really big farms of virtual machines…and can do all kinds of really cool things that allow us…to pretty much just take all this away.…
We don't even, in many cases, need to set up our own…virtual machines.…We can let other people take care of that for us.…This manifests in a lot of different ways, but the first one…I wanna talk about is something called…Infrastructure as a Service, or IAAS.…Infrastructure as a service simply means…that somebody far away will set us up…a virtual infrastructure to do bazillions of things…that would normally cost us a lot of money as we brought in…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.