Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Fancy copying, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- Using the regular copy command…from the command line interface is great,…but it has some limitations.…A lot of times, when I'm doing copying,…I need to do some pretty fancy kind of copying.…For example, I don't necessarily just want to copy…certain files within one particular folder.…I may want to copy an entire…tree of folders in one big shot,…or I might want to have the copy command look at…the creation date and use that as a method to determine…everything that got created on this date or later,…go ahead and make a copy of it.…
And the regular copy command can't really handle that stuff.…And that's where we get into the world…of what I'm gonna call fancy copying.…In this episode, we're going to be hitting on…two very important commands, Xcopy and robocopy,…and I'm gonna show you how these guys…are the heavy lifters of the copying world.…So let's get started with Xcopy.…Xcopy is the grandpa, the old school,…when it comes to fancy copying.…Xcopy's been around since, well,…let's just say I had a lot more hair back then.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers