Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Event Viewer and Action Center, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- Probably one of the most powerful,…yet underutilized tools,…on every Windows System in existence,…is Event Viewer and, to a lesser extent,…more used is Action Center,…and that's what I wanna do in this episode.…We're gonna take a look at Windows Event Viewer,…and then Action Center.…Now, Event Viewer, is a very, very powerful tool.…If something happens in the world of Windows,…it gets logged into the Event Viewer so,…what I wanna do here, is give you…a quick tour of Event Viewer now,…I'm gonna be doing Event Viewer here in Windows 10.…
The Event Viewer in Windows 10,…is virtually identical to the same Event Viewer…in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 so,…10 works absolutely great,…so let's get started with Event Viewer.…Now, every version of Windows has a different way…for you to get to Event Viewer.…Here in Windows 10, I could just right-click…on the Context Menu from the Start button,…and hit Event Viewer,…but when in doubt, you can always…go to Administrative Tools.…Every version of Windows let's you get to an Event Viewer…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.