Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Dealing with processes, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- Understanding how to deal with processes…is absolutely critical.…Processes freeze up, processes cause problems,…processes can drive us crazy, and as a result of that,…we need to be able to deal with processes.…The first place to go to when you've got process problems,…is Task Manager.…Now the A+ has a lot of different ways for you…to get to the Task Manager,…so let's take a look at all of them real quick.…So the first way to get Task Manager started is to hold down…the left-control, shift, escape.…
And that brings up the Task Manager.…I'm gonna close that back up.…Also, you can go and just type in Task Manager, or taskmgr.…That'll bring up the Task Manager.…It doesn't matter how you start Task Manager,…just make sure you're aware that there are…a lot of different ways to pull this off.…Now, let's take a look.…Here we have applications.…And right now I'm actually recording my screen,…which is why you can see this.…So, if I were to start another application up,…let's start up something nice and simple,…like Internet Explorer.…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows