Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating users in Windows 7, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- Creating users and groups in Windows Vista and 7…is really easy.…We have utilities that do it for us,…so what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna use…my Windows 7 Ultimate to show you how to do this,…basically because the differences between…Vista and 7 are pretty much nonexistent…when it comes to making users and groups, so let's dive in.…Back to the control panel,…and we head to User Accounts.…
Now, what I want to do right now is,…let's go ahead and create some accounts.…So, what you need to do is you start with…Manage another account, so we'll hit that.…Now, there's some existing accounts.…This is my account.…This is actually used because I have…some advanced stuff for my web browser,…and then I have a guest account.…Let's create a new account.…In Windows Vista and 7,…it follows the old concept of Windows XP…where you can either make a standard user…or an administrator, so we'll make this one…a standard user,…and we've made the account.…
Now, keep in mind, I'm logged in…as Mike the administrator, so here I can…create passwords, pictures, but here's…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows