Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloud ownership, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- May I present to you a cloud?…- [Voiceover] Uh, Mike, that's a roll of toilet paper.…- Well, I know it's a roll of toilet paper.…It's not like I can go up in the sky…and pull a cloud down automatically.…Sheesh.…Do me a favor (laughs) and for a minute pretend…that this soft, soft piece of toilet paper is a cloud.…Now, a cloud is a big deal.…When you have a cloud, inside this cloud are the servers…and the storage and all the people keeping this running…and all this.…It's a big deal.…So ownership of a cloud is something…to take into consideration.…
Now, when we talk about owning a cloud,…probably one of the best places to start…is good old Amazon Web Services.…Amazon Web Services is a public cloud.…Anybody can put their data on this cloud.…Anybody can use this cloud and do,…well, if they wanna pay Amazon,…whatever they wanna do.…So that's one way to handle it.…Another way to own a cloud is through private.…Now, when we talk about private cloud ownership,…what we means it that, well, I could actually own…all the hardware and stuff like that,…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.