Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Boot problems, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- The A+ exam is filled with all these scenario questions…that point to problems booting up your operating system.…Things like you've got an error with…a missing operating system,…so what I want to do in this episode…is give you kind of a little bit of a pathway…on how to deal with these types of scenarios.…The first thing we need to do is understand…that we break all of these problems down…into four groups.…Number one is hardware.…Number two is BIOS.…Number three is desktop, and number four is auto-start.…
Let's go through all of those starting with hardware.…Hardware, hardware, hardware.…Okay, look, for Windows to boot up,…it needs to be on some kind of storage media.…There has to be a hard drive or something there…that has a copy of Windows so you can…get the thing to boot up,…and if it doesn't have that, well guess what?…You're not gonna boot up and you're gonna get…some very specific errors.…When you see errors that say,…almost any error with the word device in it,…you've probably got a hardware issue.…
No boot device present, unable to read…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.