Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced startup options: Part 2, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- There are times in today's wonderful Windows RE world…where Windows can't fix your problems,…and it's pretty amazing.…I gotta tell you, being an old geezer…who's been around with very early version of Windows,…today's Windows is shockingly automatic…in terms of fixing stuff.…However, there are situations…where you're gonna have to dig deep…in order to enact some type of repair,…and that's where Windows Advanced Startup Options…come into play.…Advanced Startup Options give you the ability…to get Windows to a state where you can make repairs.…
It doesn't fix by itself, it just gets you to a place…where you can do something about it.…Now, you've probably heard things like Safe Mode…or Low Resolution Mode, things like that,…and that's really what we're talking about…with these Advanced Options.…Now, what we're gonna do…is we're going to go into the Advanced Startup,…in this case I'm using Windows 8.1…but it works for pretty much any version…of Windows from eight on,…and we'll talk about what all these different things are.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.