Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced startup options: Part 1, part of CompTIA A+ Exam Prep (220-902) Part 4: Virtualization, Printers and Troubleshooting.
- The A+ rightly covers a lot of startup issues…when it comes to Microsoft Windows.…The challenge that we have is that over the course…of the many different versions of Windows…that we have on the A+,…advanced startup options have changed dramatically.…So, in this episode, what I want to talk about…is the old school advanced startup options…that you would see with Vista and Windows 7.…Since I did this so beautifully years ago,…I'm just gonna go ahead and keep that old video.…About 75% of all Windows problems that I run into…bring me to the Advanced Startup Options Menu.…
Now, you get to this by pressing F8 during the boot process.…You gotta be quick about it.…So you can't press it too soon…while you're still in the post,…but you can't press it too late or Windows misses it…and you just boot into Windows.…So I'm sitting there watching this,…and I'll just be hitting F8,…(imitates keyboard tapping)…and if you do it right,…you should see a screen like the one…I have here right in front of me.…So this is the Windows Advanced Options Menu for Windows XP.…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.