Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced Windows command line, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 4 Virtualization Printers and Troubleshooting.
- So, while the official name of this episode is…Advanced Windows Command Line, or something like that,…the reality is, is this episode is…the last few commands on the A+ objectives…that I didn't know where else to put,…they're command line, so let's go ahead and put them here.…The first two I'd like to start with…GPUPDATE, and GPRESULT.…Let me show you those guys right now.…GPUPDATE and GPRESULT are designed…to help you with group policies.…
Now, we've got other episodes that cover…group policies pretty well in this series,…but what I want to talk about right now…is the issue that, a lot of times,…you'll set a group policy,…like you'll force everybody who logs into your computer…to use complex passwords,…or you'll set up a particular user…where they can run backup,…so all these interesting types of policies…that you can set up.…The problem with these,…sometimes they can take Windows hours, like 16 hours,…before it will actually kick in.…
Now, on an individual, local machine it's not too bad,…but when you're setting up with a big bunch of domains…
Here CompTIA expert Mike Meyers prepares you to answer questions about slightly more advanced topics: "super tech" skills like managing files via the command-line interface, creating virtual machines, connecting to the Internet, installing printers, and troubleshooting startup and application issues. Each lesson prepares you for a related topic on the 90-question A+ exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
- Working with the Windows and Linux command lines
- Manipulating files, folders, and permissions via the command line
- Using the Recovery Console and Windows Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting software
- Examining virtual services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Troubleshooting Internet connections
- Installing local and network printers
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with the Command-Line Interface
2. Troubleshooting Operating Systems
4. The Internet
5. Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.