Recent press releases
Read more »
See all press releases »
Feb 19, 2014lynda.com Delivers Education On-The-Go with New Android App
lynda.com expands mobile capabilities to make online library accessible anytime, anywhere; Non-members have free access to selected, unlocked content.Jan 29, 2014lynda.com Expands Sales Territory into Southeast Asia
Online Education Company to Offer Its Video Library to SE Asian Corporate and Academic Institutions; Singapore Polytechnic, Nanyang Technical University, and DDB Group–Hong Kong Among First Regional Enterprise Members.Jan 22, 2014lynda.com Names New Executives in Push Toward Global Growth
Executive Additions Include Vice Presidents for EMEA, Corporate Development, Product and Technology Operations Nov 27, 2013Founder of lynda.com, Parent Company of video2brain, to Speak at ONLINE EDUCA BERLIN 2013
Lynda Weinman to discuss the debate of online learning versus in-person learning. Nov 14, 2013lynda.com Joins LinkedIn’s Direct-to-Profile Certifications Pilot Program
Strategic Relationship Lets Members Easily Add lynda.com Course Completion Certificates to Their LinkedIn ProfilesMay 6, 2013lynda.com Joins U.S. Department of Energy Workplace Charging Challenge
Electric Vehicle Charging Partnership Signals a Continued Commitment by lynda.com Toward SustainabilityApr 18, 2013lynda.com Wins Inaugural ROE Award at ASU/GSV Education Innovation Summit
Return on Education Overall Award Given to lynda.com for Increasing Access and Impact to Education Institutions
lynda.com RSS feed
Subscribe to receive our
news updates and RSS feed
Recent press coverage
Read more »
Online courses trim billions in personnel training
“Lynda.com's business began well before the MOOC revolution: The site started 18 years ago with a library of online video tutorials mainly focused on photography, graphics and design ... it has expanded to more than 15,000 hours of curriculum, including 450 business-related courses, and corporate customers have become the fastest-growing segment of Lynda.com's revenues...” read more »
February 14, 2014 - CNBC.com
Lynda.com Expands Sales to Singapore and Asia
“Lynda.com will now offer its video tutorial library, which provides the training in computer software, design and business skills, to corporate and academic institutions in Singapore, as well as Hong Kong, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia.” read more »
January 30, 2014 - DQ.com
I Will Learn How To _________ In 2014
"While you can certainly take general digital marketing strategy and tactical courses, such as Data Analysis and Social Media Marketing, Lynda shines with deeper dives into programming with modules for developers in a variety of common languages including C++, Java, jQuery, etc." read more »
January 28, 2014 - Yahoo.com
MIT community making the most of lynda.com's online training
"lynda.com has recently added yet another feature: a quick and easy way to share your achievements with your LinkedIn network. When you complete a course, you’ll receive an email that lets you post your certificate to your LinkedIn profile — with the click of a button." read more »
January 24, 2014 - MIT
See all press coverage »
lynda.com helps anyone learn software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. With a lynda.com subscription, members receive unlimited access to a vast library of high-quality, current, and engaging video tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.
We provide a customizable learning environment for our members:
- Our content team is dedicated to responding to our members’ needs, searching for the most relevant course topics, carefully recruiting and retaining authors who are the best at what they do, and are staying on top of trends and updates in technology.
- We shoot our own premium-quality courses at our twelve-and-a-half acre, state-of-the-art production facility.
- We add an average of 24 courses per month, so memberships are always increasing in value.
- We are often the first-to-market on software training because of our close relationship with several software companies.
- Our videos also have a shorter production timeline than manuals or books, so we are able to expedite training-to-member-time, as well as provide regular updates.
- We make it easy for people to find what they come to learn, and to explore countless other topics along the way.
- We offer several subscription options to our entire library, starting at the monthly subscription price of $25.
The lynda.com Story:
Founders and key executives share accounts of learning, teaching, and building their company.
watch the video »
Facts and figures
- Founded: 1995
- Incorporated: 1997
- Current number of courses: 2,400+
- Individual videos: 114,000+
- Authors: 250+
- Employees: 500+ worldwide
- Headquarters: Carpinteria, California
- Satellite offices: Calabasas, California; United Kingdom; Austria; Australia and satellite offices throughout the United States
- Membership base: 4 million+
- Hours of cumulative content: 15,800+
- Courses released in 2013: 675+; Hours of training: 1,200+
- Enterprise members:
- More than half of the Fortune 50 companies
- 7 out of the top 10 advertising agencies
- 16 of the top 20 media companies
- 40% of all U.S. colleges and universities
- 31 state governments
- All branches of the U.S. military
- US House of Representatives, NASA-JPL, CIA, FAA, USPS, and the Executive Office of the President of the United States, and most cabinet-level departments, including the Department of Defense, and State Department
Follow these brand guidelines when using the lynda.com logo.
The lynda.com logo
Alternate logo options