next Recent press releases
Read more »
See all press releases »
Nov 27, 2013Founder of lynda.com, Parent Company of video2brain, to Speak at ONLINE EDUCA BERLIN 2013
Lynda Weinman to discuss the debate of online learning versus in-person learning. Nov 14, 2013lynda.com Joins LinkedIn’s Direct-to-Profile Certifications Pilot Program
Strategic Relationship Lets Members Easily Add lynda.com Course Completion Certificates to Their LinkedIn ProfilesMay 6, 2013lynda.com Joins U.S. Department of Energy Workplace Charging Challenge
Electric Vehicle Charging Partnership Signals a Continued Commitment by lynda.com Toward SustainabilityApr 18, 2013lynda.com Wins Inaugural ROE Award at ASU/GSV Education Innovation Summit
Return on Education Overall Award Given to lynda.com for Increasing Access and Impact to Education InstitutionsFeb 14, 2013lynda.com Acquires European Online Learning Company video2brain
Acquisition of Multi-Language Library and Operations Allows lynda.com to Reach More People WorldwideJan 29, 2013lynda.com Releases Microsoft Office 2013 Training
Coinciding with the Release of Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365, the Online Education Leader Releases New Excel, Word and SharePoint Courses to Help Members Keep their Skills CurrentJan 16, 2013lynda.com Fuels Growth and Innovation with $103 Million Funding
Online Education Leader to Scale Technology, Expand Content and
Increase Global Reach with Investment Led by Accel Partners and Spectrum Equity
lynda.com RSS feed
Subscribe to receive our
news updates and RSS feed
Recent press coverage
Read more »
LinkedIn partners with 7 online education firms to let users add certifications and courses to their profiles
“LinkedIn today announced it has partnered with some of the biggest names in online education to help users include educational accomplishments that go beyond the traditional institutions. All you have to do is hit ‘Save,’ and LinkedIn will add the certification or completed course work to your LinkedIn Profile.” read more »
November 14, 2013 - The Next Web.com
Lynda.com Ties Into LinkedIn To Showcase Job Skills
“Carpinteria-based online education site lynda.com has tied into a new program from LinkedIn, to highlight courses that users of both sites have completed through the online learning site.” read more »
November 14, 2013 - socaltech.com
The Bandwidth Effect - Episode 4: A Broader Education (video)
“A new world of online education lets you learn almost anything from the comfort of your couch. But can a broadband connection replace the classroom? Featuring Lynda Weinman of lynda.com.” read more »
September 26, 2013 - Verizon.com
The $10,000 Design Degree
"The Craigslist of online learning is probably Lynda.com, and it started as a resource for designers … Almost 20 years later Lynda.com offers a library of over 2,000 video lessons on creative disciplines, business, and technology, ranging from highly produced hour-long documentaries to five-minute tutorials." read more »
September 24, 2013 - Fast Company
How to Stop Cheating
"We need true learning in our schools by championing processes that cannot be graded: engagement, participation, practice and initiative. If we keep our old model of education, we should not expect new results." read more »
August 9, 2013 - LinkedIn
See all press coverage »
lynda.com helps anyone learn software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. With a lynda.com subscription, members receive unlimited access to a vast library of high-quality, current, and engaging video tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.
We provide a customizable learning environment for our members:
- Our content team is dedicated to responding to our members’ needs, searching for the most relevant course topics, carefully recruiting and retaining authors who are the best at what they do, and are staying on top of trends and updates in technology.
- We shoot our own premium-quality courses at our twelve-and-a-half acre, state-of-the-art production facility.
- We add an average of 24 courses per month, so memberships are always increasing in value.
- We are often the first-to-market on software training because of our close relationship with several software companies.
- Our videos also have a shorter production timeline than manuals or books, so we are able to expedite training-to-member-time, as well as provide regular updates.
- We make it easy for people to find what they come to learn, and to explore countless other topics along the way.
- We offer several subscription options to our entire library, starting at the monthly subscription price of $25.
The lynda.com Story:
Founders and key executives share accounts of learning, teaching, and building their company.
watch the video »
Facts and figures
- Founded: 1995
- Incorporated: 1997
- Current number of courses: 2,000+
- Individual videos: 100,000+
- Authors: 250+
- Employees: 400+
- Headquarters: Carpinteria, California
- Satellite offices: Ventura and Calabasas, California; United Kingdom; Austria; Australia
- Membership base: 2,500,000+
- Enterprise members:
- More than half of the Fortune 100 companies
- 6 out of the top 10 advertising agencies
- 16 of the top 20 media companies
- 44 of the top 50 national universities
- 31 state governments
- All branches of the U.S. military
- US House of Representatives, CIA, FAA, USPS, and the Executive Office of the President of the United States, and all the cabinet-level departments, including the Department of Defense, State Department, and Department of Education
lynda.com web banners
lynda.com web banners