Recent press releases
Apr 9, 2015LinkedIn to Acquire lynda.com
lynda.com’s high-quality content provides opportunity for members to easily gain the professional skills they need to get hired and advance their careers.
Designation Enables Government Agencies to Adopt Company’s Learning Solutions, Fill Crucial Skills Gaps Faster, More Cost-EffectivelyJan 27, 2015 Online Learning Leader, lynda.com Adds Erik Nierenberg as General Manager of Enterprise
Nierenberg to Draw on Extensive Strategy and Operations Expertise to Grow Burgeoning Enterprise Business for lynda.comJan 14, 2015lynda.com receives $186 Million Investment Led by TPG
Investment Will Help Online Learning Leader Accelerate Acquisitions, Growth and New Content Initiatives. TPG Partner David Trujillo Joins Board
San Francisco and Carpinteria, CA -Leading online learning company lynda.com Inc. today announced an investment of $186 million led by TPG, a global private investment firm with $65 billion of assets under management. Accel Partners, Spectrum Equity and Meritech, existing lynda.com investors, also participated in the round. The financing will be used to accelerate acquisitions, growth and new content initiatives, and to continue to build the world-class team that supports those efforts.
lynda.com survey shows majority of people lack confidence in their skills, feel anxious about falling behind in the workplace
San Francisco and Carpinteria, CA - A recent survey conducted by online learning leader, lynda.com, discovered that 94 percent of working professionals feel more pressure than ever to know it all and that nearly 50 percent lack confidence in their current job skills. In response, many are taking their professional development into their own hands and setting ambitious learning goals for 2015 aimed at expanding skills beyond job descriptions and titles.Dec 1, 2014lynda.com Recognized by DOE for Leadership in Providing Plug-in Electric Vehicle Charging Access
San Francisco and Carpinteria, CA - This week the Department of Energy (DOE) held the Workplace Charging Challenge Summit 2014, where they recognized employers who demonstrated leadership in supporting the development of the national plug-electric vehicle (PEV) charging infrastructure.Oct 29, 2014lynda.com Approved as Registered Education Provider by Project Management Institute
Online learning leader lynda.com today announces that the Project Management Institute (PMI), the world’s largest project management member association, has named it as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) effective August 22, 2014.
lynda.com RSS feed
Subscribe to receive ournews updates and RSS feed
Recent press coverage
Online Learning Industry Poised for $107 Billion In 2015
"...Lynda.com, the online learning giant and arguably the 800-pound gorilla in the e-learning space ... has amassed more than 83,000 instructional videos ...” read more »
August 27, 2014 - Forbes.com
10 Reasons Why College Should be Abolished
“Using sites like Lynda.com ... have allowed me to gain marketable skills that have led to numerous job and business opportunities.” read more »
July 24, 2014 - HuffingtonPost
Find the Right Online Training to Boost Your Career
“Various companies and organizations, such as Lynda.com ... offer online courses to learners who want to gain specific skills such as Web design or coding.” read more »
May 2, 2014 - U.S. News & World Report
The New Lifelong Learners
“These new players don’t have the established brand names of many colleges, but that doesn’t matter to the millions of students signing up. Lynda.com has 4 million people paying for its how-to online videos.” read more »
April 21, 2014 - Slate.com
lynda.com helps anyone learn software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. With a lynda.com subscription, members receive unlimited access to a vast library of high-quality, current, and engaging video tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.
We provide a customizable learning environment for our members:
- Our content team is dedicated to responding to our members’ needs, searching for the most relevant course topics, carefully recruiting and retaining authors who are the best at what they do, and are staying on top of trends and updates in technology.
- We shoot our own premium-quality courses at our twelve-and-a-half acre, state-of-the-art production facility.
- We add an average of 60 courses per month, so memberships are always increasing in value.
- We are often the first-to-market on software training because of our close relationship with several software companies.
- Our videos also have a shorter production timeline than manuals or books, so we are able to expedite training-to-member-time, as well as provide regular updates.
- We make it easy for people to find what they come to learn, and to explore countless other topics along the way.
- We offer several subscription options to our entire library, starting at the monthly subscription price of $25.
Facts and figures
- Founded: 1995
- Incorporated: 1997
- Current number of courses: 3,500+
- Individual videos: 144,000+
- Authors: 250+
- Employees: 500+ worldwide
- Headquarters: Carpinteria, California
- Satellite offices: Calabasas, California; San Francisco, California; United Kingdom; Austria; Australia and satellite offices throughout the United States
- Enterprise members:
- More than half of the Fortune 50 companies
- 7 out of the top 10 advertising agencies
- 16 of the top 20 media companies
- 40% of all U.S. colleges and universities
- 31 state governments
- All branches of the U.S. military
- US House of Representatives, NASA-JPL, CIA, FAA, USPS, and the Executive Office of the President of the United States, and most cabinet-level departments, including the Department of Defense, and State Department
Public Relations contact
+1 (415) 906-5543