Recent press releases
Read more »
See all press releases »
Jun 16, 2014lynda.com Announces Redesigned iOS App, Enabling Billions of People to Learn Business, Technology and Creative Skills on the Go
Company also enhances its mobile application for Android, and becomes first online education company to provide Chromecast supportApr 25, 2014lynda.com’s New Programming Courses Aim to Accelerate Web Development Skills
New Courses Break Down the Coding Language Barrier for Users Interested in Front-End DevelopmentApr 9, 2014KCETLink and Online Education Company lynda.com Launch Visual Arts Documentary Initiative
KCET and Link TV to Air Documentaries from the lynda.com "Creative Inspirations" Series Profiling Notable Artists in Photography, Illustration and StorytellingApr 7, 2014lynda.com Expands Programming Learning Tools; Acquires Compilr
Acquisition driven by market growth, corporate vision and demand for software programming skillsMar 4, 2014lynda.com Focuses on Career Development with New Course Releases
From business writing to navigating a career change, these new courses build on the skills employees use every dayFeb 19, 2014lynda.com Delivers Education On-The-Go with New Android App
lynda.com expands mobile capabilities to make online library accessible anytime, anywhere; Non-members have free access to selected, unlocked contentJan 29, 2014lynda.com Expands Sales Territory into Southeast Asia
Online Education Company to Offer Its Video Library to SE Asian Corporate and Academic Institutions; Singapore Polytechnic, Nanyang Technical University, and DDB Group–Hong Kong Among First Regional Enterprise Members
lynda.com RSS feed
Subscribe to receive our
news updates and RSS feed
Recent press coverage
Read more »
Who Needs to Know How to Code
March 12, 2014 - The Wall Street Journal
5 Ways to Become a Better Manager
lynda.com's Director of Learning + Development, Britt Andreata, PhD, shares the top 5 things to focus on when improving skills as a manager. Her tips include picking the right management style, becoming more persuasive, and engaging employees. read more »
March 12, 2014 - Entrepreneur.com
How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
“'E-learning can help employers close the skills gap they're experiencing,' says David Glaubke, director of corporate communications, Lynda.com. 'But it can also be a boon for employees to achieve their career goals and get to the next level.'” read more »
March 7, 2014 - CIO.com
Online courses trim billions in personnel training
“Lynda.com's business began well before the MOOC revolution: The site started 18 years ago with a library of online video tutorials mainly focused on photography, graphics and design ... it has expanded to more than 15,000 hours of curriculum, including 450 business-related courses, and corporate customers have become the fastest-growing segment of Lynda.com's revenues...” read more »
February 14, 2014 - CNBC.com
See all press coverage »
lynda.com helps anyone learn software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. With a lynda.com subscription, members receive unlimited access to a vast library of high-quality, current, and engaging video tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.
We provide a customizable learning environment for our members:
- Our content team is dedicated to responding to our members’ needs, searching for the most relevant course topics, carefully recruiting and retaining authors who are the best at what they do, and are staying on top of trends and updates in technology.
- We shoot our own premium-quality courses at our twelve-and-a-half acre, state-of-the-art production facility.
- We add an average of 60 courses per month, so memberships are always increasing in value.
- We are often the first-to-market on software training because of our close relationship with several software companies.
- Our videos also have a shorter production timeline than manuals or books, so we are able to expedite training-to-member-time, as well as provide regular updates.
- We make it easy for people to find what they come to learn, and to explore countless other topics along the way.
- We offer several subscription options to our entire library, starting at the monthly subscription price of $25.
Facts and figures
- Founded: 1995
- Incorporated: 1997
- Current number of courses: 2,500+
- Individual videos: 117,000+
- Authors: 250+
- Employees: 500+ worldwide
- Headquarters: Carpinteria, California
- Satellite offices: Calabasas, California; United Kingdom; Austria; Australia and satellite offices throughout the United States
- Hours of cumulative content: 15,800+
- Courses released in 2013: 675+; Hours of training: 1,200+
- Enterprise members:
- More than half of the Fortune 50 companies
- 7 out of the top 10 advertising agencies
- 16 of the top 20 media companies
- 40% of all U.S. colleges and universities
- 31 state governments
- All branches of the U.S. military
- US House of Representatives, NASA-JPL, CIA, FAA, USPS, and the Executive Office of the President of the United States, and most cabinet-level departments, including the Department of Defense, and State Department
Follow these brand guidelines when using the lynda.com logo.
The lynda.com logo
Alternate logo options