When using the lynda.com logo follow the requirements described below. By downloading or using any lynda.com logo, you agree to adhere to our usage guidelines.
Each logo variation is provided for a white or black digital page. The PNG files have a transparent background and should be used on any page with a background color other than white or black. Note: The black and/or white square background is not part of our logo.
The lynda.com primary logo
The primary logo includes both the name and graphic illustration, stacked and centered. The logo can be used in the color variations shown below. Logo minimum height: 60 pixels or 0.5 inch.
Alternative logo options
If the primary logo isn’t well suited for the size or design needed, please use one of the alternate logos provided below.
If you have any questions about the correct use of logo, file choice, or you would like to request a specific logo, please contact us at email@example.com.
|A clear space equal to X or Y should be maintained around the Lynda.com logo (see graphic). No graphic elements, including patterns, photos, or colors (other than acceptable background colors), can be used inside the clear space.
The logos have been optimized at several sizes to meet your needs. Please DO NOT SCALE or alter the logos in any way.
Guidelines for conditional use of lynda.com’s logo
By using the lynda.com logo, you agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- 1. The lynda.com logo must be used “as is.” You may not alter the logo in any manner, including size, proportions, color or design. You may not animate, morph or otherwise distort its perspective or appearance.
- 2. Additional text or design elements may not be added in such a way that it appears to be part of the logo itself. You may not combine the logo with other trademarks or text in a manner that creates a likelihood of confusion as to the ownership of the logo, or suggests that lynda.com endorses or is affiliated with the other trademarks or text. You must maintain reasonable minimum space around the border of the logo at all times.
- 3. Your reference to lynda.com and/or its products, services and/or website must comply with these general guidelines and the Terms of Service for www.lynda.com, available on the website. You may not present false or misleading information about lynda.com and/or its products, services and/or website. You may link to, but may not replicate, lynda.com’s content. You may not frame or otherwise place a border around lynda.com’s content.
- 4. You may not use the logo on any form of merchandise.
- 5. Your use of the logo may not directly or indirectly imply lynda.com’s sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of your product or service, unless lynda.com has specifically granted written approval for such use. If you have not been granted official written approval to use the logo, the following disclaimer should be included on all web pages containing the image: [Your site name] is not affiliated with or endorsed by lynda.com, Inc.
- 6. The use must not be harmful or damaging to the value of any of the lynda.com marks, its brand integrity, reputation or goodwill, such as use in connection with products, services or other content that (a) is obscene, harassing, defamatory, filthy, violent, pornographic, abusive, threatening, objectionable or illegal (b) advocates or encourages criminal conduct, or (c) may give rise to civil liability.
- 7. Use of any logo is at your own risk. The uses permitted by lynda.com are provided “as is,” without any warranties whatsoever, express or implied, including (without limitation) any warranty of ownership or non-infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights. lynda.com reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate or modify your permission to display the logo at any time.
- 8. Each logo is and shall remain lynda.com’s intellectual property. lynda.com does not grant you any right, title or interest in the logo other than the right to display the logo while in compliance with these general guidelines, and you agree to transfer and assign to lynda.com all intellectual property rights and goodwill you may acquire through the use of the logo. You agree not to infringe lynda.com’s or any third party’s intellectual property rights, and you agree to comply with all international, federal, state and local intellectual property laws. You may not remove any trademark notices accompany the logo, and you must affix any other trademark notice requested by lynda.com.
- 9. If you use the logo as a hyperlink, you agree to ensure that the hyperlink functions at industry standard speed and with industry standard uptime.
- 10. Your misuse of a logo may cause lynda.com irreparable harm. lynda.com may pursue injunctive relief without posting a bond or proving actual damages to remedy misuse by you.
- 11. You agree to indemnify and defend lynda.com for any damages, costs and attorneys’ fees arising from or related to your violation of these guidelines.