Frequently asked questions
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about iPhone SDK Essential Training (2009).
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "":
Q: I am using Xcode 3.2.1, but cannot find the Foundation tool or the Command line in Utilities. How can I locate these tools?
- A: In later versions of Xcode that were released after the title was recorded, Apple changed a few things around in their "New Project" window, but it's just cosmetic. The Command Line / Foundation tool project is still there, you just get to it a slightly different way.
When you create a new Project:
1. Select the "Application" section under Mac OS X (*not* the one under iPhone, because we're not creating an iPhone app yet)
2. On the top pane on the right, select "Command Line Tool"
3. On the drop-down list, select Foundation.
Q: Will most of the content in this title relevant for the iPhone SDK with the new version 4.0?
- A: Yes, the iPhone SDK Essential Training course is still relevant for the iPhone SDK 4. Of course, there are a few topics that have been superseded, but we'll soon be releasing an add-on course, designed to follow the iPhone SDK Essential Training course, that covers developing apps that use the new features in iOS 4.
Also, check out the following resources:
Q: I don't have any experience writing code. What course should I take as a prerequisite to iPhone SDK Essential Training?
A: Yes, the iPhone SDK course isn't that friendly if you have no coding background. But the following courses are a good starting point.
- Objective-C Essential Training - If you feel like jumping in at the deep end, try starting with this course. That's the language you'd need for iPhone SDK app creation. While I also wrote that course expecting some basic programming knowledge, I've heard from several folks who worked their way through it without it. Typically you'd just expect to repeat some content two or three times before you really "get it".
And as we speak, I'm creating a "Programming Fundamentals" course for lynda.com. Check for that course when it's released. It should give you a solid foundation in the basics.
Can’t find an answer?
If you still have a question about iPhone SDK Essential Training (2009), let us know.
ask a question
Sorry, there are no matches for your search ""—to search again, type in another word or phrase and click submit.