iOS 6: iOS System Resources
Video: WelcomeCreate more powerful and interactive apps by harnessing the power of system resources in your iOS projects.
Bill Weinman shows you how to harness system resources in your iOS projects, including the camera, Address Book, location services, URL schemes, geolocation, and more! Learn to provide translated text and other data when your app is used in international locales, access photos and video in the camera roll, and use URL schemes to launch browser and email windows. You can even use URL schemes to communicate between apps. Bill also shows how to read information from the Address Book, integrate your app with social media, and interpret motion data to discover the orientation of an iPhone or iPad in the hands of the user.
- Preparing your app for internationalization
- Localizing strings and images
- Taking photos or video with the camera
- Reading records from the Address Book
- Registering a custom URL scheme
- Getting a device's location
- Reading raw motion data
- Posting to a specific social media outlet
- Sending messages with the Message UI framework
(MUSIC). Hi. I'm Bill Weinman. And welcome to iOS 6 System Resources. In this course I'll show you how to use iOS system resources in your iOS apps. I'll start by showing you how to support internationalization and localization. Providing translated text and other resources specific to the languages and locales your app is being used in. I'll show you how to use the Camera to take still photos and movies. And how to access the images and videos stored in the Camera Roll. I'll show you how to read from the Address Book, and how to use URL schemes to launch the Web Browser, send email, and use other device services. I'll even show you how to register your own custom URL schemes, so you may communicate between apps on the device.
I'll show you how to use iOS Location Services to create location-aware apps. And how to use Core Motion to get the device's orientation in the hands of its user. Now let's get started with iOS 6 System Resources.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about iOS 6: iOS System Resources .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: Why is my Localizable.strings file not working?
- A: The method described in the lesson "Localizing strings" requires that your strings file be named like this:Localizable.stringsThis is a special filename in iOS and it must be spelled exactly as shown, including the capitalization.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.