New Feature: Playlist Center! Pick a topic and let our playlists guide the way.
By Richard Harrington | Friday, July 26, 2013
On this week’s episode of DSLR Video Tips, we look at a key aspect of getting great-looking shots: critical focus. Join us as we head back out on a real-world music video shoot for musician Jason Masi, and discuss time-saving techniques for achieving critical focus:
• “Punch in” on a shot in LiveView mode to achieve sharp focus.
• Use a loupe or viewfinder to magnify the image on your camera’s LCD screen, making it much easier to achieve critical focus.
• Use autofocus to quickly lock in focus prior to recording.
• Take a look at the benefits of using a field monitor, as well as an electronic viewfinder, to aid in focus. A bigger or higher resolution screen can be a huge help in getting sharp focus.
Achieving critical focus is essential to creating beautiful shots. Check out this episode so you’ll be ready for your next production.
Remember, each week’s episode is free for seven days, so tell all your video and photography friends to watch.
Interested in more?
• Become a lynda.com member
• See the entire DSLR Video Tips Series
With online video courses at lynda.com, you can reach your goals faster. Learn software, improve your skills, and get an inside look at how the professionals work.
Share this article:
Tags: Robbie Carman, Video Editing, Richard Harrington, Rich Harrington, DSLR Video Tips
You can change your email preferences at any time. We will never sell your email. More info
Thanks for signing up.
We’ll send you a confirmation email shortly.
Sign up and receive emails about lynda.com and our online training library:
Keep up with news, tips, and latest courses with emails from lynda.com.
We've updated our terms and conditions (now called terms of service).Go Review and accept our updated terms of service.