By Richard Harrington | Friday, July 12, 2013
Have you checked out the new and enhanced DSLR Video Tips series? lynda.com authors Rich Harrington and Robbie Carman head out into the field weekly to explore practical tips for all levels of shooters.
In this week’s episode, we tackle shooting in small places. You’ll learn how we get great shots where there’s very little room to fit a crew.
• Learn how to use small lights to shoot in small places. LED lighting along with batteries pull off great light inside a car.
• We walk through how to use wide-angle lenses to shoot in small places. Learn how affordable prime lenses can open up a scene to fit more action. We also demo how a GoPro camera can give you more options for shooting in tight quarters.
• We’ll look at options to mount cameras to windows and smooth surfaces, including mini tripods and GorillaPods for positioning cameras into cracks and gaps.
• Learn how to use an ad hoc Wi-Fi network to control cameras wirelessly. We’ll also show one of our favorite new tools—the CamRanger—for adjusting, focusing, and controlling a DSLR with an iPad.
• After the shoot, we’ll look at the raw results, straight from the camera. You’ll see what worked, what didn’t, and how to improve the shot next time.
We’ve got a bunch of great stuff as we go out into the field. We’re joined by special guest Kevin Bradley, and take you onto a real-world shoot behind the scenes of a music video for musician Jason Masi.
Remember, each week’s episode is free for 7 days. So tell all your video and photography friends to check it out, and try the show for free.
Interested in more?
• Start a 7-day free trial to lynda.com today
• See the entire DSLR Video Tips Series
With online video courses at lynda.com, you can reach your goals faster. Learn software, improve your skills, and get an inside look at how the professionals work.
Share this article:
Tags: Video, Robbie Carman, Rich Harrington, DSLR Video Tips
You can change your email preferences at any time. We will never sell your email. More info
Thanks for signing up.
We’ll send you a confirmation email shortly.
Sign up and receive emails about lynda.com and our online training library:
Keep up with news, tips, and latest courses with emails from lynda.com.
We've updated our terms and conditions (now called terms of service).Go Review and accept our updated terms of service.